Saturday, July 15, 2017

Great Pyrenees - A Story of Compassion, Courage and Hope



Volunteering for the Great Pyrenees Rescue Society has been extremely rewarding; I found them on Petfinder in 2013 as I was searching for an older Pyrenees to adopt since my very first Pyrenees passed away.  After I had adopted Misha, I inquired about fostering as I had fostered for other rescues in past years.  Then I found this video; the rescue's story is indeed one of compassion, courage and hope.  After I viewed it, I was convinced that this would be the rescue I would devote my volunteer time on-I had already found that I had a deep connection to the breed and now I had found a community of volunteers who share their own unique bonds as well as a similar rescue philosophy to my own.

In my experiences with the rescue, I have observed a highly organized and dedicated group as well as a wide range of dog knowledge from the Director to all the volunteers scattered around the U.S.  The video does a great job expressing what is involved in order to provide care for these dogs in their journey from homelessness to their forever homes.

If you are interested in volunteering or donating for the Great Pyrenees Rescue Society, please visit our website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment